- How To Tell Difference Between Fake & Legit/Authentic/Real Air Jordans?
In partnership with Michael Jordan, Nike's JB has been producing the legit branded Air Jordan sneakers since the 80s. However, considering how popular Air Jordans have been and still are; foreign factories have often counterfeited them as fake jordans. So, if you want to find out whether an Air Jordan sneaker is fake or legit, do the following before buying it.
• Air Jordan sneakers with horrible stitching are likely fake jordans.
• The materials on the sneakers should resemble the materials that Jordan Brand uses on their genuine jordans.
• Fake jordans always have a horrible shape, which does not resemble the shape of the authentic pair.
• Websites where every Jordans ever made is being sold in full size runs under retail prices are always selling 100% fake Jordans.
• In most cases, websites with a fake-looking layout are most likely selling fake Jordans.
• Websites with not feedback at all are likely a scam.
• Pay attention to the box.
The colorways on the sneakers and the tag on the box should be right. Air Jordan sneakers with colorways that are not quite right are obviously fake jordans since counterfeit authentic sellers are never able to get the colorways right.
• Nike Air is featured on the tongue of legit Air Jordan 1 sneakers from 1994 and the “Banned” colorways of the model from 2010. Apart from the legit 2013 Air Jordan releases, fake Jordans will not feature Nike Air.
• The toe of legit Air Jordan I sneakers gradually slopes down until it is sleek at the end, while fake ones have a blocky toe box.
• Legit Air Jordan 3 sneakers do not have a flat, printed on elephant print; rather it can be felt and seen.
• The elephant print should be the correct cut and shape, i.e. taking up approximately half the height of the sneaker, excluding the sole.
• The leather along the top of the sneaker should be perforated correctly, depending on the model of the year, as seen in official pictures.